Topic: 293 Cuba Street

Topic type:

History of 293 Cuba Street - known as Thistle Hall.

Constructed in 1907.

The upper floor and lower floors were converted into community halls by the Protestant Hall Company in 1924. Many elemements of the of the original building have been lost, such as the detailing of the Arthur street side windows, and the verandah. 

Thistle hall is still used as a community hall.  The lower space is used as an art gallery and studio, and the upper floor is used as a community hall. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion