Topic: 82-92 Cuba Street

Topic type:

History of 84-92 Cuba Street also known as Te Aro House/Deka Building.

Mary Taylor's drapery (later operated by James Smith) previously stood on this site.

The present building was built in 1886 and has been extensively remodelled. It was designed by Thomas Turnbull who also oversaw its substantial alteration in 1909.

In 1918 it was operating as the Te Aro House Drapery Co. Ltd. with Thomas Forsyth as the manager.

The facades and interior were again remodelled in 1928 by the architect A.S. Mitchell. At this time the small tower was removed.

Has housed Deka, Shanton, Technology Connection

Currently The Wellington Phoenix FC Store, Wild Pair, Rodney Wayne.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion