Topic: 136 Cuba Street
History of 136 Cuba Street
In 1918 136-138 Cuba Street was occupied by the Karantze brothers, Dionisios & Ippocrates, restaurateurs and fruiterers.
Has been a bakery since c.1927.
Dorothy Cake Shop was bought in 1957 by Henk and Mineke Rood.
Robert Rood and wife Jacqueline took over Dorothy Patisserie in 1992 and sold the business in 2002.
The business was sold to Murray Thessman in 2004 and Dorothy Patisserie closed down in 2009.
Espressoholic closed down in Courtney Place and reopened in Cuba St at 136 Cuba St. in 2009.